South Sydney Rabbitohs 26 def. North Sydney Bears 12
South Sydney rebounded well from last week’s big loss to Penrith with a strong victory over North Sydney at ANZ Stadium. The Rabbitohs led 12-6 after the break but the scores were soon levelled when Bears’ five-eighth Connor Garrety crossed in the 41st minute. From there, it was all South Sydney, who ran in three tries in the final 20 minutes to secure the two competition points.

Cronulla Sharks 28 def. Victoria Thunderbolts 4
Cronulla proved too strong for Victoria on Friday evening, running out 24-point winners. The Sharks jumped out to a 16-0 lead at half time, although the Thunderbolts scored soon after the break through Josese Waqalevu to give them some life. The Sharks would quickly put their comeback to bed, crossing three minutes later and adding two more tries in the final 10 minutes, including a second to Vito Tevaga, to seal victory.

Canberra Raiders 37 def. Penrith Panthers 12
A dominant second half in Wagga Wagga gave Canberra their biggest win of the season over ladder leader’s Penrith. After a tight first half, in which the Raiders led 16-12, they pushed away in the second, scoring 21 unanswered points. Hooker Kyle Paterson was at his best once again, crossing twice in the second half, while former Panther Toby Westcott added a late field goal.

Parramatta Eels 22 def. St George Illawarra Dragons 10
After starting the year with five straight losses, Parramatta have turned it around with two straight victories, defeating the Dragons by 12 points. The Dragons were on a three-game winning streak heading into the game but faced a tough task in a resurging Eels’ side. Parramatta led 16-10 at the break and put the game out of reach in the 54th minute when hooker Kyle Schneider scored.

Canterbury Bulldogs 30 def. Manly Sea Eagles 16
Canterbury held off a second half comeback by Manly to run out 14-point winners at Lottoland on Saturday afternoon. The Dogs came out strong, leading 24-0 after 43 minutes. From there the Sea Eagles jumped into life, looking for their first win of the season. They scored three tries in 13 minutes to cut the Bulldogs’ lead to eight. The fight back was short lived though, as Devontai Seumanutafa crossed four minutes later to give Canterbury an unassailable lead.

Newcastle Knights 30 def. Warriors 12
Newcastle bounced back strongly after last week’s disappointing loss to Parramatta, with a solid 18-point win over the Warriors. It was a great start for the Warriors, who crossed after a minute through Jyris Glamuzina before the Knights levelled with a Toby Marks try shortly after. After the Warriors retook the lead in the 10th minute, Newcastle ran in three tries before half time. Bayden Searle’s 30th minute conversion would be the last points of the game, the two sides playing out a scoreless second half.

Sydney Roosters 14 def. Wests Tigers 12
The Roosters overcame a six-point half time deficit to defeat the Tigers and keep their three-game unbeaten streak alive. The Roosters opened the scoring early through Malachi Retchford but the Tigers levelled the scores and then took the lead with two tries in the following 10 minutes. The Roosters retook the lead shortly after the break, first with a try to Tyrell Neiufi and then another to winger Craig McKenzie in the 44th minute.

Click HERE for the Jersey Flegg Cup ladder


Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.