After initially suspending competitions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the New South Wales Rugby League and Queensland Rugby League have cancelled their major competitions for 2020.
The junior competitions that will not continue in 2020 include:
- Jersey Flegg Cup (New South Wales under-20)
- SG Ball Cup (New South Wales under-18)
- Harold Matthews Cup (New South Wales under-16)
- Tarsha Gale Cup (New South Wales under-18’s women)
- Laurie Daley Cup (regional New South Wales under-18)
- Andrew Johns Cup (regional New South Wales under-16)
- Hastings Deering Colts (Queensland under-20)
- Mal Meninga Cup (Queensland under-18)
Queensland’s Hastings Deering Colts and Mal Meninga Cup and New South Wales’ Jersey Flegg Cup had played just one round before the cancellation, while the other competitions were a number of rounds into the competition, with finals just weeks away.